DATA PROTECTION POLICY Sec. 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) This section provides information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is defined as any information that refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
U.I. Lapp GmbH, Schulze-Delitzsch-Straße 25, 70565 Stuttgart, firstname.lastname@example.org (see our imprint for further information). You may contact our data protection officer at our postal address, adding „data protection officer“ or write in accordance with our contact details stated in Sec. 20.
(3) If, due to specific functions of our offer we need to refer to commissioned service providers or wish to use your data for commercial purposes, we inform you below in detail concerning respective processes stating, at the same time, defined criteria of the storage period.
Sec. 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to our company and your personal data, you have the following rights:
The right of information
The right to correction or deletion
The right to restriction or processing
The right to object against processing
The right to data portability
(2) In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us with any data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data. A competent authority is Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Baden-Württemberg, Postfach 102932, 70025 Stuttgart, www.baden.wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de
Sec. 3 Collection of personal data on visiting our website
(1) If the website is used for merely informational purposes i.e. you do not register on the website or send us other information, we inherit only those personal data that your browser transmits to our server. On visiting our website, we collect the following data which are technically required for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
Date and time of inquiry
Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Request content (defined page)
Access status/http status code
Respective data volume transmitted
Website making the request
Operating system and its interface
Language and browser software version
(2) When using our website, and in addition to the above mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which, on your hard drive, are stored after being allocated to the browser you use and by which the site placing the cookie (i.e. us) has certain information sent back to it. Cookies cannot execute any programs nor transfer any viruses onto your computer. Their purpose is to make your online presence overall more user-friendly and more effective.
Absolutely necessary cookies, these are necessary for the function of the site, for example for the allocation of a shopping cart. They cannot be deactivated in your systems. As a rule, these cookies are only set in response to actions taken by you that correspond to a service request, such as updating your privacy settings, logging in or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block these cookies or to notify you about these cookies. However, some areas of the website may not function properly without them.
Performance cookies are used to determine how well the site performs on different browsers and to determine if there are any problems with load times. This enables us to make technical improvements to the website. These cookies enable us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They also help us to answer questions concerning which pages are most popular, which are least used and how visitors navigate on the website. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and is therefore at least pseudonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we cannot know when you visited our website.
Functional cookies are not absolutely necessary for the functioning of the site, but they make the use of the site more comfortable. With these cookies the website is able to provide extended functionality and personalization. They can be set by us or by third parties whose services we use on our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly, but you may still be able to use the Site.
Advertising cookies / cookies for marketing purposes enable us to track user behavior on the site and to display appropriate offers, as well as to identify problems with user navigation. These cookies can be set by our advertising partners via our website. They may be used by these companies to create a profile of your interests and to show you relevant ads on other websites. They do not store personal information directly, but are based on a unique identification of your browser and Internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will see less targeted advertising.
These are the categories of cookies shown in the table below.
(2) In addition, we distinguish two types of cookies, first party and third party cookies.
First party cookies (also: 1st party cookies) are set exclusively by this website and originate exclusively from us. They are stored locally on your computer and enable us to recognize you when you visit our website again. However, this is only possible for us, third parties neither receive information from the cookie nor do we pass the information on to third parties. The purpose of First Party cookies is to obtain meaningful information about the use of the site. If you do not set this in your browser accordingly, First Party cookies will not be blocked. Third Party cookies (3rd Party) are those that are set by third parties.
(4) In order to provide you with up-to-date information about which cookies are actually used on this website, we have a tool in use that regularly determines the cookies used and lists them below.
Typ des Cookies
Cookie is used for routing and balancing network traffic.
Cookie wird für das Routing und den Ausgleich des Netzwerkverkehrs verwendet.
This cookie is set by websites using certain versions of the cookie law compliance solution from OneTrust. It is set after visitors have seen a cookie information notice and in some cases only when they actively close the notice down. It enables the website not to show the message more than once to a user. The cookie has a one year lifespan and contains no personal information.
Dieses Cookie wird von Websites gesetzt, die bestimmte Versionen der Software zur Gesetzeskonformität von OneTrust verwenden. Es wird gesetzt, nachdem die Besucher die Cookie-Informationshinweise gesehen haben und in einigen Fällen nur, wenn sie den Hinweis aktiv schließen. Es ermöglicht der Website, die Nachricht einem Benutzer nicht mehr als einmal zu zeigen. Das Cookie hat eine Lebensdauer von einem Jahr und enthält keine persönlichen Informationen.
(6) If a cookie in the list is designated as a Flash cookie, it will not be stored by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must configure your browser accordingly. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
Sec. 4 Further website functions and offers, purposes of data use
(1) We partly use external service providers for the processing of your data. Those providers are carefully selected and commissioned by us. They are bound to our directives and are regularly monitored.
(2) If our service providers or partners are headquartered in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we are going to keep you informed about any consequences of these circumstances in the description of our offer.
Sec. 5 Objection or revocation against processing of your data
(1) If you have granted your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke your consent at any time. Such revocation will impact the processing admissibility of your personal data after stating it.
(2) You may object against the processing inasmuch as we base the processing of personal data on a balance of interests. This would be the case if processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you; this is outlined in detail in the following description of functions. On objecting we would request a statement of reasons as to why our company may not process personal data as usual. In the event of your justified objection, we shall look into the matter and will either terminate or adjust data processing, or explain to you our compelling and legitimate grounds as to why processing will be continued.
(3) You may, of course, object at any time against the processing of your personal data for advertising or data analysis purposes. You may send your objection against advertising to the following address: u.i.lapp(at)walliser-datenschutz.de
Sec. 6 Service providers: hosting and operation of the website, technical service providers
In the context of contract processing, the data is stored on the servers of Lapp Service GmbH.
Sec. 7 Website optimization econda
For the demand-oriented design and optimization of this website, solutions and technologies of econda GmbH (econda GmbH
Zimmerstr.6, 76137 Karlsruhe, http://www.econda.de) collects and stores pseudonymised data and creates user profiles from this data using pseudonyms. econda anonymises the data already at the time of collection by shortening the IP address, therefore if used as intended it is not possible for econda to assign the data to a specific user. The anonymized data remains on the econda servers (only in Germany) and can only be viewed there by us. This aggregated data enables us to analyse e.g. visitor flows and click paths without being able to assign them to a specific user. For this purpose, cookies can be used which enable the recognition of an Internet browser. However, user profiles are not merged with data on the bearer of the pseudonym without the visitor’s express consent. In particular, IP addresses are rendered unrecognisable immediately after receipt, which makes it impossible to assign user profiles to IP addresses. Visitors to this website can object to this data collection and storage for the future at any time here.
The data is stored for a period of ten years.
You can find out more about econda’s data protection under this link: https://www.econda.de/en/data-protection/
Sec. 8 Storage period of personal data
Unless stated to the contrary, the criterion decisive for our stipulating of storage periods is the respective statutory safekeeping period. Data are deleted after such period has expired, provided they are no longer needed for contract performance or contract initiation.
Sec. 9 Legal or contractual rules on the provision of personal data
The provision of personal data is partly prescribed by law, e.g. tax regulations, or may be the result of contractual arrangements (e.g. statements concerning a contractual party). When signing a contract it may sometimes be necessary for data subjects to place their personal data at our disposal which, at a later stage, need to be processed by our company. For example, the data subject may be under obligation to make personal data available to us when our company signs a contract with them. A consequence of non-provision of personal data would be that no contract might be signed with the data subject. Data subjects must contact a member of our staff prior to such person making personal data available. In every individual case, our employee will advise data subjects if the provision of personal data is legally or contractually prescribed or required for signing a contract. He will also inform on possibly existing obligations to provide personal data and possible consequences of not providing personal data.
Sec. 10 Automated decision-making
There will be no automated decision-making or profiling.
Sec. 11 Legal basis as per art. 6 (I) lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interests in processing
Processing procedures may ultimately be based on art. 6 (I) lit. f GDPR. Processing procedures not captured by any of the legal principles stated in Sec.14 rest on this legal basis, if the processing is required to protect a legitimate interest of our company or of a third party, providing the interest, fundamental rights and freedoms of data subjects do not prevail. A legitimate interest could be assumed, if the data subject is a customer of the person responsible (Recital 47 sentence 2 GDPR).
If the processing of any personal data takes place on the basis of art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interest will be the performance of our business activity.
Sec. 12 Further information
The customer is aware that, in light of the current state of technology, no full data protection can yet be guaranteed in data transmissions via internet. As a result, and in terms of security of any data posted on the internet, the client takes full responsibility. For this reason, data subjects are at liberty to transmit their data to us via alternative options, e.g. per telephone.
Sec. 13 Contact with data protection officer
LAPP places great value on their customers‘ trust. That is why LAPP is glad to answer any questions regarding the processing of personal data. For any queries not sufficiently dealt with in this data protection declaration or if customers request further in-depth information, please contact Matthias Walliser, the company’s data protection officer, at u.i.lapp(at)walliser-datenschutz.de
Data Protection Consulting Walliser Matthias Walliser, B.A. Engineering Certified Data Protection Officer (UDIS)
Tel. +49 7121 630 321
Fax: +49 7121 630 411
Please also contact our data protection officer if you become aware of or suspect any personal data breaches brought about by our company.
Status: 29.05.2020 Version 4
Sec. 14 Cookie List
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
You can give your consent to whole categories or display further information and select certain cookies. Cookie Preferences